Sunday, June 25, 2006

Swim Meet!!!

I can't believe I swam in a meet today! It's been about 30 years since I was a competitive swimmer. And now, today I got back in the pool for 3 races at a local Masters Swim Meet. I worked out all winter at the U of M pool. And thanks to Dick Fadgin, I was in pretty good shape. BUT I have not really worked out since April. One of the parents of a Rhodes swimmer approached me last week about being part of the Rhodes Masters Team and swimming in this meet. So I thought what the heck and signed up. We were hoping to get enough points to win a trophy and we ended up taking 2nd place! YAY! To top it all off I won the 100 free, and placed 2nd in the 50 free and 50 back! That is in my age group (50 - 59). After the meet we had hot dogs, chips and beer. What a great way to end a fun day!
So all you swimmers out there - just remember, you can always compete, somewhere during your lifetime......
Molly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home